What is website design and development?
Websites have carved out an important lane in the world of businesses, organizations and political campaigns. It’s true that the average person spends at least an hour a day scrolling on on social media, and hours more absorbing advertising from streaming and broadcast platforms. Once you get someone’s attention, where will they go?
A website is often the answer. Website design is the process of taking in feedback from our clients and coming up with the structure, look and feel of a website that will speak to their target audience. Development is the technical stuff; coding it, making sure it talks to Google and displays well when shared on social media, and making sure the site loads properly on all commonly used devices.
What are some examples of your work?
Why do we make websites?
Although website builders like Wix and Squarespace are gaining in popularity at the lower end of the market, there’s still a sweet spot for the kind of website that we typically make.
- Telling stories and showing what makes the brand special
- Explaining a complicated value proposition
- Encouraging users to take a specific action
- Tracking the results of different marketing campaigns
- Setting a brand apart with a beautiful, functional design
- Loading quickly on all commonly used devices
- Getting results quickly on search engine pages
- Integrating into an existing online presence, or creating a new one
How do we start a website project?
If you’re wondering how to approach us about a website project, here are some of the questions that we’d ask first:
- What is your target audience that you’re trying to reach?
- What have you been doing already to reach them?
- What metrics do you have in place to measure the effectiveness of your marketing?
- Do you have an existing website or digital presence?
- What are the most common questions that potential customers ask you?
- What sets you apart from your competition?
- Do you have any goals in mind for what you’d want to accomplish with content marketing?
- What efforts are you already making in the area of SEO/SEM, whether in-house or with other agencies?
- Do you have ongoing needs, or a specific timeframe for a campaign?
- Do you have a budget in mind? We can structure projects to meet your needs and budget.
Once we talk about these questions and learn more about you, your business, or your cause, we can map out a plan that lays out how we can proceed and how much it will cost. Contact us today to get started.
What kinds of websites do you build?
We typically build websites in WordPress, which is the most flexible and widely-used platform available. Our approach has worked for clients in a wide variety of industries, including:
- Law firms
- Event Venues
- Political Campaigns
- Wine & Spirits
Do we only offer website design and development in the Hudson Valley? Or can we also work with national clients?
We’ve done many websites for businesses based in the Hudson Valley (and are based in Kingston, NY), but we also have lots of experience getting results in campaigns that have a national audience and scope.