What is search engine optimization?
Search engine optimization is the practice of understanding the pathways that people take to finding information online, taking concrete actions to intersect with those people in search results, measuring results, and adjusting strategy if necessary. Usually, search engine optimization revolves around showing up on Google for certain terms, both in the main search results area and the “Google My Business” area.
What is search engine marketing?
For competitive terms that lead directly to sales, search engine optimization often isn’t enough. This is where search engine marketing comes into play, which usually means setting up Google Adwords campaigns. The most important thing about setting up Google Adwords is making sure that conversions are being tracked and reported back into the Adwords platform; that allows for the campaign to be continually optimized over time.
What are some examples of our work
Why do we offer search engine optimization and marketing?
SEO/SEM is in the sweet spot of what we’re good at and what keeps results going for our clients who need high performance from their digital marketing and websites.
- Creating quality content that meets people where they are
- Driving people to effective websites that convert them
- Conducting research and effective outreach to other sites who can link back
- Providing data-driven reporting that shows progress and areas for improvement
- Attracting media coverage and links
- Position a brand as a leader in a certain market or space
How do we start a search engine optimization and marketing project?
If you’re wondering how to approach us about an SEO/SEM project, here are some of the questions that we’d ask first:
- What is your target audience that you’re trying to reach?
- What have you been doing already to reach them?
- What metrics do you have in place to measure the effectiveness of your marketing?
- Do you have a website or platform for your content to live?
- Do you have any goals in mind for what you’d want to accomplish with content marketing?
- What efforts are you already making in the area of SEO/SEM, whether in-house or with other agencies?
- Do you have ongoing needs, or a specific timeframe for a campaign?
- Do you have a budget in mind? We can structure projects to meet your needs and budget.
Once we talk about these questions and learn more about you, your business, or your cause, we can map out a strategy that lays out what opportunities are out there, what the low-hanging fruit is, what success looks like, and a timeframe. Contact us today to get started.
What tactics do you use for SEO/SEM?
Our biggest strength is that we take a multi-channel approach to search engine optimization. We don’t use dirty tricks or paid links, even though they sometimes work for other agencies; when Google finds out about them, businesses get penalized hard.
Instead, we often create great content that can attract high-quality links and can deliver long-term value that grows over time and we craft strong media pitches and link outreach emails that get results. If applicable, we also take actions to clean up Google My Business listings and align them with dozens of directory listing sites.
Do we only offer search engine optimization in the Hudson Valley? Or can we also work with national clients?
We’ve done a lot of SEO/SEM that’s specific to the Hudson Valley (we’re based in Kingston,NY), but we also have lots of experience getting results in campaigns that have a national audience and/or scope.